- 1 pound carrots, well scrubbed or peeled
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp miso paste
- 1/4 tsp wasabi
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Scrub or peel the carrots.
- Toss them in half of the mixture of the olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, miso, wasabi, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the preheated oven, about 20 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven, turn them facing the other way, and toss them in the remaining glaze.
- Put back in the oven, lower the temperature to 350°F and cook for 10-15 more minutes or until tender and lightly golden brown and caramelized.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with chopped parsley and a dusting of black pepper.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 2 side servings