- 1 1/2 cups (190 grams) + 1 tablespoon (10 grams) all-purpose flour (to toss the berries)
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (230 grams) plain whole-milk yogurt or greek yogurt
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon (215 grams) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (approximately 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (about 255 grams) berries, fresh or frozen
For the glaze
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 by 6 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
- Sift together 1 and 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix the berries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, whisk the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with the cup of powdered sugar. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before flipping out onto a cooling rack. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool.