- 1 cup butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups kamut flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp milk any kind
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- To make the loaf: In a large bowl, beat butter with coconut sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Beat in almond milk and vegetable oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt; sift in cocoa powder.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture just until combined. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts. Scrape into greased and floured loaf pan, smoothing top.
- Bake in 325° F oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, abot 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto rack set over sheet of parchment paper. Let cool completely.
- To make the chocolate sauce: While cake is cooling, in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of gently simmering water(not boiling), heat together chocolate, whipping cream and corn syrup, stirring, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon or spread over top of the cake.
- Let cool a bit before enjoying it.