- 1 package of premade piedmontese raw beef meatballs
- 1 can of La pavoncella tomatoes
- 3 Table spoons olive oil
- Pinch of peperoncino
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 fresh crusty panino buns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for brushing
- 1 package of buffalo mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup Frantoio extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- Mince garlic.
- Heat up one tablespoon of olive oil in a cast iron skillet.
- Place meatballs into cast iron skillet and brown on all sides, take out and set aside.
- Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil into same cast iron pan, leaving the juices and bits from the meatballs.
- Toss in minced garlic.
- Put a pinch of peperoncino in.
- Take canned tomatoes and crush with hand into cast pan.
- Add in all the juices of the tomatoes.
- Simmer a bit till sauce begins to thicken.
- Place in meatballs and coat with the sauce.
- Break in by hand the fresh basil, and toss into sauce and meatballs.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and let cook for about 25 minutes.
- Pre heat oven to 350° F.
- Toss 1/2 cup of arugula into the sauce and meatball mix, and stir in well.
- Take cast iron skillet with meatballs and sauce and place into oven and finish cooking till sauce is nice and thick, about 15 minutes.
- Heat up a grilling pan.
- While pan is heating up cut panino buns in half and brush olive oil on the insides.Place on hot grilling pan and cook till nice char marks appear.
- Finish buns in warm oven for about 5 minutes.
- Take buns out of oven.
- Toss arugula in some olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and crusher black pepper.
- Take warm meatballs and sauce, spread on bottom half of panino bun.
- Spread some of the dressed arugula onto the meatballs.
- Drain the buffalo mozzarella and cut into slices and place on arugula.
- A quick drizzle of olive oil and pepper.
- Close up panino.
- Wrap it up and ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 Panini