Italian Fennel Sausage Kebob is a fun way to cook on the grill and have a full meal after everything is said and done. Imagine sausage with fennel and spices nestling amazingly amongst marinated vegetables, then all together grilled on the barbecue giving beautiful color, juicy charred bits and incredibly moist and tender sausage. This is a real mouth-waterer!
- 5 Italian Fennel sausages
- 1 zucchini cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 2 shallots, cut into quarter wedges
- 1 red pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into wedges
- 4 green onion stalks
- 1 Tbsp e.v.o. oil
- pinch of sea salt
- crackling of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried Genovese basil
- squeeze of lemon
- In a bowl toss vegetables gently with the e.v.o. oil, salt, pepper, herbs, lemon.
- Take four preferably metal skewers and start with the sausage placing the skewers through evenly spaced along the sausage length. Then the next line would be the vegetables one on each skewer zucchini, shallot, peppers.
- Next skewer another sausage and then vegetable until you are left with the sausage at the end.
- Take the green onion and weave it in and out of each skewer, then press it all nicely together.
- Place on a preheated bbq and grill for about 5 minutes turn and do the same for the other side. Keep turning and watch to make sure things are not getting burnt. Total cooking time 20 minutes.
- Take sausages and vegetables off skewers and serve on a nice wood cutting board.