- 1 serrano pepper
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 13/4 cups shredded habanero and jalapeno monterey jack cheese
- 10 small corn tortillas
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 x 400 ml tin of organic black beans
- 2 Tbsp corn oil
- 2 cloves garlic, stem removed and minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp of chipotle peppers in chipotle sauce (store bought)
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 4 organic free range chicken eggs
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Dash of sea salt, crushed black pepper, and paprika
- 3/4 cup of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno, chopped fine
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- spritz of lemon juice
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Splash of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of Pico de gallo sauce (store bought)
- Wash and dry serrano and 2 of the jalapeno peppers, place on a foil-lined pan and bake in pre-heated oven on high grill till nicely charred, turning to char evenly all around, about 10 minutes in total.
- Take out of oven and place in a plastic bag and let cool.
- Take out of bag, peel outer skin off, and clean on insides discarding any seeds, then roughly chop and mix with grated jack cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush one side of the tortillas with vegetable oil, and place 1/2 the tortillas on a baking sheet oiled side down.
- Spread the pepper and cheese mixture evenly on the five tortillas, then top with the other five tortillas oiled side up.
- Cover with foil wrap and set another baking sheet on top. Place on middle wrack of oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While tortillas are baking, in a cast skillet splash in corn oil and toss in garlic, bring to medium heat and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in black beans, vegetable stock, chipotles in sauce, and cilantro. Saute for about 10 minutes on medium heat. Take off stove top and set aside.
- Don't forget about those tortillas, take out of oven.
- While beans are cooking, splash some vegetable oil into a large frying pan, crack four eggs nicely and cook till beautifully sunny side up.
- What I do is wait till whites are almost cooked then I take pan off the stove top and cover to steam the top leaving yolk nice and creamy. This takes about 10-12 minutes. Remember to check eggs.
- Warm up tortillas and black beans on low heat.
- Place a tortilla on a plate. Top with black beans, followed by the nice egg, then some diced tomatoes and red onion, followed by avocado slices.
- Finish with some fresh cilantro and finely chopped jalapeno and a little splash of Pico de Gallo.
- Ready to serve!
- To get a nice sunny side up egg I start the egg on medium to low heat till the whites look cooked, then I take the pan off the heat and place a cover on it allowing the top of the egg to steam a bit but not cooking the yolk too much!
- You can use whatever peppers you like. If you don't like it too spicy, just roast a red pepper and use a milder cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 mintues
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: stove top/oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Breakfast, organic, tortillas, black bean, salsa, pico de gallo, cilantro, sunny side up eggs, chipotle peppers, serrano peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, huevos rancheros, avocado