- 1 rectangular sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 2 apples
- 2-3 tablespoons milk, any kind
- 30 g raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F regular bake or 350°F convection.
- Remove the puff pastry sheet from the freezer and let thaw.
- Then, use a pizza cutter to cut long strips in the dough about 1 cm wide. Set back in the fridge while you slice the apples.
- Wash the apples, and peel, if you prefer.
- Using an apple corer remove the core from the apple. Then cut into apple rings of about 1 cm thick. Leave aside the top and bottom. You should have between 8 to 10 apple rings. Widen the hole with a round cookie cutter or a shot glass.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the slices to prevent oxidization.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour the milk in another bowl.
- Wrap each apple ring with the puff pastry strips. It will take 2-3 strips for each apple ring.
- Brush the apple rings with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Check them often as every oven is different. Leave in the oven a little longer if needed.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before enjoying them.
Instead of removing the core from the apples, you could cut slices first, and then remove the core on each slice with a round cookie cutter.
A pizza cutter works better than a knife to cut strips of puff pastry dough.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Keywords: apples, baked, cinnamon, sugar, easy, puff pastry, how to, delicious, viral trend