Holiday Mini Potato Pizza. There are plenty of appetizer ideas for Christmas gatherings, but truly noteworthy are these mini pizzas.
They are not your ordinary pizza, they have mashed potatoes in the dough for the crust. Talk about a tasty base to house all that cheesy fresh goodness of toppings!
- 500 g yellow potatoes
- 125 g flour 00 (or all-purpose)
- 200 g bocconcini, left to drain
- 3-4 anchovy fillets in oil
- salt and pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- a handful of pitted black olives
- extra virgin olive oil
- Boil potatoes with the skin until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Then drain them, peel them and pass through a sieve.
- Mix the potatoes with the flour and a teaspoon of salt.
- Divide the dough into 6 dough balls (about 90 g each).
- Preheat the oven to 450° F (230°C) and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press each dough ball into a flat pizza, leaving the borders higher.
- Cut the drained bocconcini in slices and put on each pizza.
- Add anchovy fillets on 3 of the pizzas, sprinkle with oregano, salt, and drizzle with olive oil.
- On the other 3 remaining pizzas put the sliced cherry tomatoes, the olive rounds, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, then put on broil for 2-3 minutes until nice and golden on top and you see crispy edges.