I love getting up early in the morning and baking fresh scones. This recipe was inspired by a site my daughter sent me: www.sunwarrior.com. A site dedicated to health, supplements, and great recipes including vegan recipes. I am not vegan but several times a week I will make vegan meals and to tell you the truth I love them and my body loves them. I would say since meeting my wife Nicoletta I have enjoyed many meals in the vegan tradition.
Today I prepared a vegan scone I called Healthy berry vegan scone. After the scones were made I showed them to Nicoletta on Skype and she wanted me to send her one. Her exact words were "I want one now!" If I could I would but I will definitely make her some when she is back. These scones are packed with fiber and flavor and I had mine today with a flavored coffee absolutely delicious.Print
- 1 and ½ cups spelt flour
- 1 and ¼ cups of oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup egg replacement
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add oats and lemon zest.
- In another bowl mix almond milk, egg replacement, vanilla, honey.
- Blend into flour mixture and add blueberries, mix till well blended.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- With a spoon scoop mixture and place on a parchment line cookie pan well spaced apart.
- Place on middle rack of oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack when finished.
You can add milk-free chocolate chips (about ⅓ of a cup) to the recipe.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
When I am not cooking, I enjoy playing musical instruments, singing, writing. I have learned over the years to live in gratitude and enjoy the moment.