- 250 g piece of ribeye
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp each onion powder, paprika
- 1/2 tsp each salt and fresh ground black pepper
Roasted red pepper puree:
- 2 long sweet red peppers
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp mayo
- 1 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cobs corn
- 1 long sweet red pepper cleaned cored and diced
- 1/2 red onion minced
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 10 mixed cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 leaves of basil chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a bowl blend all the spices with the parsley and minced garlic.
- Drizzle the olive oil on both sides of the steak and rub it all over.
- Sprinkle the spice mix onto the surface of the ribeye and massage in. Flip over and do the same to this side.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge.
- Pre heat grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place corn in a large pot of boiling water. Cook for about 15 minutes. Take out and drain. Place on grill and cook for 10 minutes turning frequently to get some char marks on the corn. Take off grill and let cool.
- With a knife take the corn and cut off the kernels from the cob into a bowl. Do this until all three cobs are done.
- Combine the corn with the red peppers, onions, tomatoes, basil, parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste, along with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Heat up olive oil and butter in a cast pan and toss corn mixture into the pan. Heat through for about 10 minutes.
Roasted red pepper puree:
- While the corn is boiling, place the sweet potato into another pot and bring to boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain Put in the butter, stir, and set aside.
- As the sweet potato is cooking, wash the red peppers and pat dry. Place peppers on the already hot grill. Turn when skin starts to char and continue until all sides have some char. This should take roughly 15 minutes,
- Take off grill and place in a zip lock bag till cool.
- Take peppers out and peel the charred skin off and place into a food processor with the buttered sweet potatoes, and garlic.
- Add in the mayo and yogurt, pulse until it becomes smooth. Drizzle in the olive oil and continue pulsing until you have a nice smooth velvety consistency
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place steak on already hot 500 degree Fahrenheit grill. When char marks start to appear turn 180 degrees and place on a different part of the grill. When you have beautiful hash char marks turn over and do the same for the other side, making sure to put steak on different parts of the grill to get the heat we want. This process should take about 8 minutes depending on your grill. The internal temperature should read 145 F for a medium steak. Or cook it to your desired temperature.
- Heat up puree mixture in a pan till warm, spoon some onto a plate, and spread with a spoon. Place steak onto puree and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Spoon some of the corn succotash onto the side and your dish is ready to serve! Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: grilling/stovetop
- Cuisine: Canadian
Keywords: corn, Ribeye, roasted red peppers, sweet potato, succotash, grilling, dry rub, puree, garlic, basil,