Only 5 ingredients for this simple, easy and tasty Grilled Radicchio with lemon and pistachios. Ready in 20 minutes in the oven, but if you can, fire up that barbecue and get it going!
Yet another radicchio recipe, my friends. You can tell I have a passion for it. It is so good and good for you, that when I see it I cannot resist and I buy it. If I were in Canada I would have asked my husband to fire up the barbecue, but I am still in Rome and I turned on the oven to grill this beauty. In both cases, it is a side dish worth making.
This variety of radicchio is called Radicchio tardivo di Treviso. It is considered the king of radicchio, with its unmistakeable, peculiar lanceolate-shaped leaves, and those leaves are a gorgeous deep red color with a white rib. Its flavor is a unique combination of bittersweet and crunchy. Again, its uses in the kitchen are endless, from raw in salads, to appetizers, pasta and risotto dishes, in accompaniment to meat or fish dishes, in desserts (that I have yet to experiment) and of course, grilled as a wonderful side dish. So for you today, I made a Grilled Radicchio with lemon and pistachios.
It is so easy and quick to put this Grilled Radicchio together.
Not only easy and quick but also healthy and flavorful, with just 5 ingredients it is ready for your weeknights dinner or weekends barbecue. If you cannot find this variety, feel free to use any other ones, they’re all good when grilled. Of course, to partner with this lovely radicchio I stuck to my favorite mediterranean ingredients: cold pressed extra virgin olive oil in abundance, salt and pepper according to your taste and liking, lemon juice and pistachios in small quantity but still present to support and enhance the overall flavor.
The end result was a lively and tasty radicchio that I enjoyed for my supper. It was like a breath of fresh air: pleasantly bitter, just enough tangy, with a nice crunch and sweetness from the pistachios.
Song of the day: John Mayer’s remake of Beyoncé’s “XO”. Stunning!Print
- 1 Radicchio
- 2 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon, plus some lemon slices for decoration
- 2 Tbsp chopped pistachios
- Wash the radicchio, remove the outer leaves if damaged, drain it well and cut it in two.
- Pour some e.v.o. oil at the bottom of a baking dish, arrange the radicchio, drizzle more olive oil on top, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with foil and place it in preheated oven at 180° C.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Take out of oven, dress with lemon juice and sprinkle the chopped pistachios on top.
- Arrange on a serving dish with slices of lemon.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 2 side servings
Ricetta in Italiano:Print
- 1 mazzetto di radicchio tardivo di Treviso
- sale e pepe q.b.
- pistacchi tritati, una manciata
- Mondate il mazzetto di radicchio, pareggiate i torsoli ed eliminate le foglie più dure.
- Lavatelo, sgocciolatelo molto bene.
- Versate poco olio in una pirofila, sistematevi il radicchio, irrorate ancora con l’olio a filo, un pizzico di sale e uno di pepe.
- Coprite la pirofila con un foglio d’alluminio e mettetela nel forno preriscaldato a 180°C.
- Cuocete per circa 15 minuti.
- Togliete il foglio d’alluminio e continuate a cuocere per altri 5 minuti circa.
- Togliete dal forno, passate su un piatto da portata, spruzzate con il succo di limone filtrato al colino e i pistacchi tritati.
- Servite caldo.
- Serving Size: 2 side servings
Disclosure: All links in our post are NOT affiliate links. They are only about products or places we normally purchase and like.