Grilled Organic Endive Back to Basics utilizes the amazing flavor of beautifully grown endive adding a nice char from grilling and finishing with nice notes of extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon zested fleur de sel and Mizuna greens giving us a wonderful spring side dish that is simple and purely delicious!
- 12 endive
- 3 tablespoons evo oil
- lemon zested fleur de sel
- fresh cracked pepper
- pinch of garlic powder
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup Mizuna greens
- Wash and dry endive.
- Cut into quarters and place in a bowl. Drizzle in 1/2 the olive oil and season with just a touch of salt and pepper.
- Take a cast iron grilling pan and bring to a med to high heat. Place endive into the pan and cook till nice grilling marks appear on the surface, about 4 minutes. Turn and do the same fo the other side. Continue until all the endive is grilled.
- Place endive into a serving dish. Grate lemon zest over top and drizzle remainder of the e.v.o. oil.
- Finish with a nice dusting of fleur de sel and a sprinkling of the Mizuna greens. Squeeze some lemon juice over top, and it is ready to serve.
- If you do not have the grilling pan you can do them on the BBQ. Make sure to oil the grill so they do not stick. If you have a vegetable tray for the BBQ better yet, but again oil it a bit.
- If you cannot find Mizuna greens use one of your favorite microgreens.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Vegetarian/vegan