- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2–3 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, cored and sliced
- fresh small basil leaves, for the top
- Wash and trim ends of eggplant, cut it crosswise. Place slices on a baking sheet, brush both sides with the 3 Tbsp olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant slices, covered, over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes, or until slightly charred and tender, turning once halfway through grilling. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor or blender, combine sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and chopped basil. Blend until finely chopped.
- On a large platter arrange eggplant slices, mozzarella slices, tomato slices, overlapping a little. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Top with sun dried tomato mixture and basil leaves.
- Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4-5 servings