- 2 small eggplants sliced into thin rounds
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of tahini
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of kalamata olives pitted
- 1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- pinch of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon cracked sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 pieces of small pitas
- Take eggplant rounds and put into a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt, and 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper, toss well and let marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Heat up barbecue to about 400° F, place a grill sheet on grill and heat for about 10 minutes.
- Place eggplant and whole garlic on the grill sheet and cook for about 5 – 8 minutes a side till nice grill marks form.
- Place back in bowl with marinade oil and toss once more.
- Turn off barbecue and put some pita bread on the grill just to warm it a bit.
- In a food processor toss in eggplant, grilled garlic, remaining olive oil, sour cream, tahini, salt and pepper and last of all the kalamata olives.
- Process till it becomes nice and smooth, add last remaining piece of raw garlic and just a squeeze of lemon juice, and pulse once more ensuring the garlic is well blended and mixed with the puree.
- Place Hummus in a bowl, dust with some paprika and fresh chopped parsley.
- Take pita off grill and cut into wedges and place on side of bowl.
- Now it’s time to taste. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4 servings