- 6 combination of purple, yellow and green B.C. peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic hearts removed and minced
- 3 tbsp of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of fresh parsley chopped
- Wash and dry peppers.
- Heat barbecue to 450 degrees F.
- Place peppers on grill and cook till all sides are charred a bit and pepper has softened.
- Place cooked peppers into a stainless steel bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- When peppers have cooled a bit peel of charred skin and clean seeds out of the insides.
- Cut peppers into 1/4 inch slivers and place in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in freshly chopped parsley.
- Give it a good toss to distribute the oil and seasoning well throughout.
- Ready to serve.
If you want to preserve the roasted peppers, place peppers in a jar and top with a good quality olive oil. Place lid on tight and put in fridge.
If you don’t have B.C. (Brittish Columbia, Canada) peppers use whatever is available to you.