Goat Cheese Fava Artichoke dip is a plethora of texture and flavor all in one bite. The uniqueness of the Fava bean swirled with goat cheese and cream cheese highlighted by those incredibly marinated Italian artichoke hearts, fresh scallions and all topped with golden baked panko and Grana Padano will be a hit at any party you are planning. A perfect intimate and interactive appetizer self-served on toasted bread or crackers!
Adapted from a recipe found on Lidia Bastianich's new cookbook "Cook Like an Italian".
- 1-10 ounce log goat cheese at room temperature
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese at room temperature
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup fresh fava beans, shelled, blanched, and peeled
- 1 bunch scallion, both white and green parts, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup Grana Padano
- crackers or rustic bread slices for serving
- When using fresh fava beans, after shelling from the pods, blanch for 5 minutes in boiling water, rinse in cold water and remove the skin from each bean.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, lemon zest, and juice, add a sprinkling of salt.
- Process until very smooth, scraping the sides of the processor bowl several times between pulses.
- Add the artichokes, favas, scallion, and pulse several times just to break them up a bit. You want the mixture to remain a bit chunky.
- Scrape the mixture into a 2 quart gratin or shallow baking dish, or sas I have done several smaller baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with panko and grated Grana Padano.
- Place on a baking sheet to catch any excess drips, and bake until top is nice and golden brown and the edges are bubbling up. Approx 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with nice toasted rustic bread slices or crackers.
- When fresh Fava beans cannot be found, frozen peeled Fava beans can be used just thaw them under running water
- This dip can be assembled ahead of time then baked when needed.
- It can be served warm, or at room temperature.
- Category: Appetizers, Dips
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Fusion