- 1-10 ounce log goat cheese at room temperature
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese at room temperature
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup fresh fava beans, shelled, blanched, and peeled
- 1 bunch scallion, both white and green parts, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup Grana Padano
- crackers or rustic bread slices for serving
- When using fresh fava beans, after shelling from the pods, blanch for 5 minutes in boiling water, rinse in cold water and remove the skin from each bean.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, lemon zest, and juice, add a sprinkling of salt.
- Process until very smooth, scraping the sides of the processor bowl several times between pulses.
- Add the artichokes, favas, scallion, and pulse several times just to break them up a bit. You want the mixture to remain a bit chunky.
- Scrape the mixture into a 2 quart gratin or shallow baking dish, or sas I have done several smaller baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with panko and grated Grana Padano.
- Place on a baking sheet to catch any excess drips, and bake until top is nice and golden brown and the edges are bubbling up. Approx 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with nice toasted rustic bread slices or crackers.
- When fresh Fava beans cannot be found, frozen peeled Fava beans can be used just thaw them under running water
- This dip can be assembled ahead of time then baked when needed.
- It can be served warm, or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Dips
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Fusion