- 450 g potato gnocchi
- 200 g gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons half and half cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts plus handful for garnish
- dash of black pepper
- dusting of parmigiano reggiano
- In a pot brings 6 cups of salted water to boil.
- In the meantime, warm up a sauté pan on low heat, break up gorgonzola and place it in pan.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and as gorgonzola starts to melt slowly add the half and half cream.
- When all the gorgonzola has become creamy add the chopped walnuts and remove from heat.
- Place gnocchi into boiling water and when they all come to the surface (about 6-8 minutes) scoop them up with a strainer and place them delicately into the creamy sauce mixture.
- Coat gnocchi with sauce, tossing gently.
- Plate gnocchi and finish with some grated parmigiano and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Serving Size: 4 servings