Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies are also dairy-free, refined-sugar free, and absolutely delicious. Chewy and soft, they melt in your mouth leaving you with a pure and simple peanut butter flavor.
Song of the Day: Brand New - Ben Rector
If peanut butter cookies are your thing, you might fall in love with these ones. They are easy to make, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, soft and crunchy, absolutely delicious.
Peanut Butter Cookies for the Win
Do we need another peanut butter cookie recipe? I think so, especially one that makes peanut butter cookies that are incredibly delicious while being gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. Did I mention that they are also quick and easy to make, a one-bowl wonder?
What you need:
- no-sugar crunchy peanut butter (believe me, you'll love the crunch in the soft texture)
- raw coconut sugar (or coconut crystals, you can find them at your health food store, they are amazing!)
- cinnamon (such a great compliment to the peanut butter)
- baking soda (the rising agent)
- egg (the binder)
- pinch of salt (optional, but it brings the flavors to life)
You might even add some chocolate chips, it's up to you, no judging here.
Gluten-free Peanut Butter Cookies for that sweet craving
Are your loved ones craving something sweet and they want it now? One day I had Loreto craving cookies and milk in the afternoon and I surprised him with these Gluten-free Peanut Butter Cookies. In 20 minutes I had warm-out-of-the-oven cookies for him, and me to share. Minimal effort, minimal tools required, maximum pleasure delivered. Loreto said he loved how the first bite reveals a crunch then these cookies just melt and feel like a spoonful of peanut butter in your mouth, yummy!
We also delivered some peanut butter cookies to friends and neighbors, and we got great reviews in return. Spread the love, that's our motto!
Song of the Day: Brand New - Ben RectorPrint
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies are also dairy free, refined-sugar free, and absolutely delicious. Chewy and soft, they melt in your mouth leaving you with a pure and simple peanut butter flavor.
Adapted from "The No-Sugar Dessert and Baking Cookbook " by Ysanne Spevack.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- 1 cup (250 g) sugar-free crunchy peanut butter
- ¾ (100 g) cup raw coconut sugar (or coconut crystals)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula to form a smooth dough.
- Scoop one heaping tablespoon of dough at a time and roll it in between your hands. Place the small balls of dough on the baking sheet, spaced about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Flatten the balls with a fork in a criss-cross pattern, or simply press down with your hand.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until risen and brown.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a rack to cool completely. The cookies are still soft to the touch when you take them out of the oven, they become crisper as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
We use organic products, that is our preference. You can choose any product you like, the cookies will still be delicious.
They won't last long, but in case, they last for 3-4 days in an airtight container without losing thier beautiful texture.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: peanut butter, gluten free, refined sugar free, egg, cookies, coconut sugar, dessert, cinnamon, healthy
I love baking and kneading dough because it takes me to a happy place in my soul.
Kelly Neil says
Omg peanut butter cookies remind me of being a kid and I haven't eaten one for SO LONG!! Looks so delicious!
Thank you! I didn't grow up with peanut butter cookies, but the kid in my husband loves them 😉 . They are great!
These very much remind me of Chinese peanut cookies I learned to make from a friend, but I love that you use raw coconut sugar. I need to try your recipe asap - they look great!
Thank you Milena! They've become the new favorites here, since they re so fast and easy to make and a little less guilt-free 🙂 .
Simple and delicious! I am obsessed with peanut butter cookies.. I love that this recipe is refined sugar free and also has no flour! Great recipe, can't wait to make these beauties!
I hope you try it, Aleta! It's a really great peanut butter cookie!
These are terrific cookies! I love that they're so easy to make and free from common problem foods! These are cookies for everyone - gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, or not!
Thank you! We think so too! They are so fast and easy to make and can please everybody 🙂 .
Aryane @ Valises & Gourmandises says
I have such a soft spot for peanut butter cookies. Not only do they taste so good but they're also so cute, aren't they!
I don't eat eggs so I will definitely try them with aquafaba, the liquid of chickpeas (sounds weird but it's tasteless and works impressively well)!
Oh I would love to know how they turn out with aquafaba!! Please, let us know, if you end up making them. Thank you!
Jennifer T Tammy says
These are so exciting! We have a gluten-free child in our daycare so this would be awesome to bake together as a group!
I am glad you like them! Hope you get the chance to make them with the kids. They would have fun and then enjoy a great healthy treat!
Leanne | Crumb Top Baking says
These are my kind of cookies! Love peanut butter and I've been trying to eat more dairy-free and grain-free so these are perfect for me!
Thank you, Leanne! They are woderful, in fact I woudl have to make another batch soon, for Loreto is requesting them 🙂 .