3 Tbsp e.v.o. oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1/2 medium onion chopped fine
1 medium carrot (we used 3 small) diced
1 celery stalk diced
2 small zucchini diced
1/2 eggplant (or 1 small) diced
pinch of salt
pinch of paprika
pinch of black pepper
pinch of chili flakes
710 ml (1 big container) Massimo's Tomato Sauce
2 Tbsp water, to braise
splash of red wine
1/4 cup Grana Padano (or Parmigiano), grated, for the top (optional)
- 300 g gluten-free pasta (we used Rummo chickpea and brown rice fusilli)
- Heat up olive oil in a medium cast pot and toss in garlic, and chili flakes.
- When the garlic is golden, add in the onion, carrots, and celery, and when nice and soft, add the rest of the diced vegetables and a couple of spoons of water.
- Saute for about 15 minutes then add the red wine, and let dissipate.
- When the wine has dissolved, pour in the Massimo's tomato sauce and stir. Break up some basil leaves and sprinkle in. Season with salt and pepper, cover slightly, turn down the heat, and simmer on low for 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove the garlic, if you wish.
- Just before the sauce is done, bring a pot of salted water to boil, toss in fusilli and stir. Continue cooking for the suggested cooking time on the package, then drain.
- When the pasta is done take some of the sauce and spread it onto the bottom of a serving dish. Place cooked pasta on top and then the remaining sauce and stir. Finish with some freshly grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano (optional) and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Ready to serve. Enjoy!
You can use any vegetables you like and dice them smaller or bigger according to your preference.
If you omit the grated Parmigiano on top, you have a gluten-free/vegan pasta dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Pasta, Vegetarian
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: gluten free vegetarian tomato sauce vegetables summer