Glamorous Gourmet Grilled Cheese, this sandwich has come a long way from cheese slices and soft sliced bread.
Imagine a rustic French traditional bread, buttery Brie, creamy Gorgonzola, fresh figs, and beautiful prosciutto all fried up in a cast pan to get melted and golden. Consequently, only one word to describe it. INSANE!
- 4 1/4 inch-thick slices of a good crunchy crust rustic bread
- 50 g prosciutto di Parma
- A couple of pats of salted organic butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- Some fresh sage leaves
- 275 g brie cheese
- 200 g Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 fresh figs washed and sliced in half
- Drizzle in olive oil and place butter into cast iron pan on low heat. Toss in sage leaves and let slowly warm.
- Slice the brie into nice slices and take half and layer on one slice of bread.
- Place some prosciutto on top of the brie, then nestle 4 halves of the fresh figs into the prosciutto.
- Next, break up the Gorgonzola and place it on another slice of bread and press it in.
- This is the fun step, slap the two halves together and press firmly.
- Into the cast iron pan they go and turn heat to about a low to medium. You want these to golden slowly and get that heat into the cheese.
- These take about 10 minutes a side turning the sandwiches frequently and then at the end covering the pan with a lid and turn the heat off. After about 2 minutes, these are ready to eat.
- You can use any cheese or fruit you want. Apples, pineapple, use your own creativity to make something fun and delicious.
- In the grilling process make sure to turn frequently so that they don’t burn, but also to get the heat into the middle quicker ensuring that cheese will melt.
- The cheese quantity is purely indicative. Just add on the bread as much cheese you want.