Ginger Sesame Green Bean Stir-Fry, a simple yet delectable side dish that will definitely pair well with a plethora of main dishes. Green beans are still gracing our organic farmers’ markets, and they look fabulous. Pick up a bunch and try this dish it is fabulous!
- 260 g fresh long green beans, ends cut and washed
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped ginger
- Dash of Chinese five spice, onion and garlic powder, salt and white pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion cleaned washed and cut into this diagonals
- Sprinkling of sesame seeds
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil, add beans and cook for 5 minutes, toss beans in cold water, drain and set aside.
- Pour oil into a wok and toss in ginger and garlic.
- Turn on heat to a medium to high setting and let ginger and garlic saute for a few seconds. Do not allow garlic to burn.
- Add in beans and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Season with Chinese five spice, onion and garlic powder and finally salt and pepper.
- Pour in soy sauce and vegetable stock add some sesame seeds and stir fry for another 6-8 minutes until desired texture is achieved.
- Garnish with sliced green onion and some more sesame seeds.
- Ready to serve.
- Blanching the beans is optional. If you like your beans a bit more crunchy then toss them into the wok after washing and drying them.
- You can use the combination of vegetable oil and sesame oil, or go straight sesame oil for that extra smoky nutty flavor.