- 300 g of fusilli pasta
- 8 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 5 medium size beets chopped
- 1/4 of yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic whole
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Take beets and wash really well, peel and chop roughly.
- In a bowl mix beets, oil, garlic, onions, basil, oregano, rosemary, 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, salt and pepper,
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place mixture on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until beets are caramelized and soft on the inside.
- In a pot bring water to boil, add salt, and place pasta in.
- Cook for recommended time on package and taste it to make sure it is cooked right. If too hard cook for a minute or so more.
- Drain pasta but leave a bit of the water in as not to make the pasta too dry.
- In a pan heat up beet mixture and tomatoes.
- Toss in pasta and mix well.
- Plate pasta with a splash of olive oil, a nice dusting of parmigiano and a sprinkle of parsley.