Fudgy Brownie Black Forest Mini Cakes. Deliciously decadent brownie cookies, with whipped cream and cherry filling, turn into cute and delicious Black Forest mini cakes. Easy and quick to whip up, thanks to the pre-made Sweet Loren's Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough.
Song of the day: Chocolate High - India.Arie feat/Musiq Soulchild
[This post is sponsored by Sweet Loren's. As always, the concept and all content are our own.]
Black Forest Cake is known for its dark chocolate cake, combined with whipped cream, cherries, and shaved chocolate. Struggling to compromise delicious and clean-eating? These Fudgy Brownie Black Forest Mini Cakes are the best of both worlds. Sweet Loren's Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough, is made only from clean, Non-GMO, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. And although we have nothing against whipped cream, you can replace it with whipped coconut cream to keep it vegan.
New Year's resolutions
I've been reading far and wide about January's resolutions. Everybody wants to start anew, from scratch, and mostly to eat clean. While I don't believe in new year's resolutions, I've always believed in having a balanced diet, which for me, translates to having a little bit of everything: not depriving myself, not indulging, but using a grain of thought and moderation.
Anyone frequenting the blog knows my love for baking and baked goods. So imagine how happy I was when we were contacted by Sweet Loren's to try their pre-made cookie dough. At Sweet Loren's they make sure that every product is made from only clean, Non-GMO, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. And, most importantly, they taste incredibly good. A clean cookie dough that is a compromise between deliciousness and clean eating? I was totally in!
Even though we do not follow a vegan or gluten-free lifestyle, we were happy to read that their cookie dough is completely safe to enjoy raw as they use no eggs, no dairy, and the flours they use are naturally heat-treated. Equally important, they do not use artificial flavors or chemicals.
Sweet Loren's is also sold in Canada! Find it in the refrigerated dough section of your local market.
Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough
Knowing that in Canada only two flavors, for now, are available: Fudgy Brownie and Chocolate Chunk, and being a chocolate lover, of course, we wanted to try first the Fudgy Brownie cookie dough, as they call it "a double chocolate cookie, oozing with the gooeyness of a brownie". Decadent, scrumptious, with an amazing texture and that cocoa powder which gives a powerful flavor punch.
Bake just what you need
As a matter of fact, the pre-cut portions make it easy for you to just bake the amount you want. Moreover, they bake perfectly. In 10-12 minutes, you will have a fabulous double chocolate cookie with the texture of a brownie. Who doesn't love that crackly crust and rich and fudgy inside?
Indeed we are creative souls, with a restless mind that is always coming up with ideas. We daydream and night dream, of flavor combinations, new recipes, and pushing the envelope as much as we can. Nonetheless, one of us is the most creative of the two, and that is my husband Loreto. His is the idea of using two perfectly fudgy brownies, adding a creamy filling, in order to recreate a delectable classic.
Black Forest Mini Brownie Cakes
Although Sweet Loren's fudgy brownie cookie dough is amazing eaten raw, or like a cookie, or cookie sandwich, all of them we tried and enjoyed immensely, there is something special in turning a cookie dough into some pretty awesome Black Forest Mini Cakes.
Want to keep it vegan? Skip the whipped cream and opt for whipped coconut cream!
Pretty easy to "whip up"
- First, while the brownies are cooling, whip the cream with the vanilla and maple syrup to a medium-stiff consistency. Toss in quartered cherries and mix with a spatula.
- Then, take one of the brownies, concave side up, drizzle with ½ tsp of maraschino juice or cherry liqueur, spoon 2 teaspoons of whipped cream/cherry mixture into the middle of the brownie, and top with another brownie concave side down. Push down gently until the cream comes to the sides.
- Lastly, spoon or pipe another couple teaspoons of whipped cream (try to get only the whipped cream without cherries). Smooth over top, grate dark chocolate over the surface and place a maraschino cherry in the center. Continue until all 6 mini cakes are done. You can do fewer mini cakes, of course, that's the beauty of it!
We're hosting a giveaway on our Instagram page open to Canadian residents (with the exception of Québec) and Sweet Loren's is happy to gift one lucky Canadian winner with 6 (six) Sweet Loren's packages (3 Chocolate Chunk and 3 Fudgy Brownie), delivered right at their door.
Good luck everybody, we can't wait for you to try Sweet Loren's pre-made cookie dough! And better yet, give these Fudgy Brownie Black Forest Mini Cakes a try.
Fudgy Brownie Black Forest Mini Cakes. Deliciously decadent brownie cookies, with whipped cream and cherry filling, turn into cute and delicious Black Forest mini cakes. Easy and quick to whip us, thanks to the pre-made Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough
- ½ cup whipping (heavy) cream or coconut cream
- ½ tsp each maple syrup and vanilla extract
- 5-6 pitted cherries (fresh or frozen), cut into quarters
- maraschino juice or cherry liqueur
- 6 maraschino (or regular) cherries, for topping
- dark chocolate, for shaving on top
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Spray a muffin tin with baking spray and use a brush to coat the tin well.
- Place one portion of cookie dough into muffin slots. You will have 12 all together.
- Put the muffin tin on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes for a soft and gooey texture.
- Take out of the oven and let cool on a rack.
- While mini cakes are cooling, whip the cream with the vanilla and maple syrup to a medium-stiff consistency. Toss in quartered cherries and mix with a spatula.
- Take one of the brownies, concave side up, drizzle with ½ tsp of maraschino juice or cherry liqueur, spoon 2 teaspoons of whipped cream/cherry mixture into the middle of the brownie, and top with another brownie, concave side down. Push down gently until the cream comes to the sides.
- Spoon or pipe another couple teaspoons of whipped cream (try to get only the whipped cream without cherries). Smooth over top, grate dark chocolate over the surface, and place a maraschino cherry in the center. Repeat this until all 6 mini cakes are done.
You can do fewer mini cakes, simply adjust the quantity of whipped (coconut) cream and cherries.
To make it vegan, you can use whipped coconut cream.
Store in the fridge but serve at room temperature.
- Category: Dessert, cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: dessert, gluten free, mini cakes, sweet lorens, fudgy brownie, delicious, sponsored