Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. If there is a breakfast that could make us excited and keep us from going out to start the day it is these incredibly light, airy, lemon-scented, ricotta rich pancakes with a crisp edge!
Song of the day: "Living in the Moment" by Jason Mraz.
Treat Yourself like Royalty......................................................
Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. A breakfast dish fit for kings and queens and one that will grace your table if you wish to try this recipe. I guarantee you will be blown away by the flavor and texture. It will leave you feeling great and a smile from the inside out!
Food has a way of igniting strong feelings, however, I can only speak for myself. My relationship with food wasn't always there, as a matter of fact, when I was really young, up to the age of 4 or so, I wouldn't eat. My pour mom had many tear-filled moments stressing about what she should make me eat. That all changed when I saw my first cooking show "The Galloping Gourmet".
I was enthralled by what he was preparing and how he ate. His enthusiasm and passion went straight into my heart and that little boy that didn't like to eat awakened to his foodie world!
Is My Breakfast Ready Yet?.......................
Before meeting Nicoletta breakfast for me was important but not something that I would be waking up thinking about. Then I met Nicoletta and that all changed forever. Every morning I wake up to Nicoletta saying "is my breakfast ready yet?". The birth of our morning ritual began and a recipe that really gets us excited an even myself thinking the night before "is it morning yet?" is these Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes!
All You Need for these Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes........................
This recipe is not a complicated one and one that does not need a lot to put it together.
Let's take a look at our list of ingredients:
- baking powder
- vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- vegetable oil and butter
- and a lot of love!
The Key to Fluffy...........................
- Firstly, sift all the dry ingredients.
- Secondly, separate the eggs.
- Thirdly, whisk the egg yolks with all the other wet ingredients.
- Fourthly and most importantly, whip up the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Lastly, fold the fluffy egg whites into the mixture very gently as you want to keep as much of that air in as possible.
Getting that crisp edge on these pancakes really delivers a wonderful texture addition. The play on airy/fluffy with the contrast of buttery crispness offers pure delight to the tastebuds! How do we achieve this? Easy breezy, just heat up some vegetable oil and butter in a pan on medium heat. The batter is very airy and the key to getting that nice round is to pour the batter with a small ladle and slowly shape the pancake with the bottom of the ladle. Wait until you smell the aroma of that melted butter sizzling the edges of these amazing Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.
Presentation is Always a Bonus..................................
There is nothing like a stack of pancakes to entice our appetite. Look at that beautiful golden color and the golden browns crystallization of the edges. So yummy, don't you think? A real tower of goodness!
In the world of pancakes, there are a plethora of ideas for how to serve pancakes. For us, usually a good quality maple syrup, and in winter an amazing homemade jam. In the summer, plenty of fresh fruit available, so a good choice to make. You could do some whipped cream, or I have even spooned some ice cream in the middle and rolled them up. Talk about a pancake ice cream sandwich!
Nothing like Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, and a good cup of Joe..............................
Have you ever woken up in the morning to coffee brewing? I have to say it is the most beautiful thing, however add in these Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and you are onto something really special. There's good mood food then there's food that makes you feel so damn good and this breakfast will put a wonderful joyous spring in your step!
I Almost Forgot..........................
I got so caught up in the nostalgia of writing that I forgot to take a nice forkful bite. Wow, there is this wonderful crisp edge that melts as it hits your tongue. The richness of the ricotta is lifted to an unbelievable lightness as the egg whites bring amazing air pockets to the interior of the pancake. The lemon adds such bright notes that make me feel as though I am smiling from the inside out, and those bits of vanilla from the bean, incredible! The jam and maple syrup are icing on the cake; what else can I say? I'm speechless!
Sometimes it feels as though time and life is flying by so quickly, however, there are those moments of standing still. When I am sitting at the breakfast table with Nicoletta and seeing her so smitten with her breakfast consisting of these Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, it is as though the hands of time have slowed down to a snail's pace as I intently watch the first forkful hit her lips. If there was ever a moment to capture the stillness of beauty it is this one!
Want to create magic in the breakfast moment? Try these luxurious and delectably light and fluffy pancakes. Once you have made these, you will crave them time and again!
Song of the Day: "Living in the Moment" by Jason Mraz.Print
- 3 large farm fresh organic eggs, divided
- zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup good quality ricotta cheese
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ cup of double zero (00) flour
- ⅛ cup of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 and ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- In a bowl sift flours, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Zest one lemon into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Take the eggs and separate the yolk from the whites.
- Place the yolks into a bowl and mix in milk, the insides of the vanilla bean, lemon juice and ricotta cheese. Mix.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry and blend till nice and smooth.
- Take the egg whites and mix until stiff peaks form. (I usually hold the bowl over my head, if it is not all over me, then it is good ???? ).
- Now fold the egg whites into the batter, carefully, until well incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Heat up a skillet with some butter or oil and place nice spoonfuls of batter forming about a 6-inch circle.
- When batter starts to form air pockets flip over and cook till nice and golden brown, and crispy on the edges.
- Plate a nice stack on a plate, drizzle with maple syrup, and top with a homemade jam (or a good quality store-bought), or fresh fruit.
- Ready to eat!
- You can use the vanilla extract, however, if you want to maximize flavor the vanilla bean is exceptional.
- Use whatever toppings you love: fresh fruit, chocolate sauce, fruit syrup, whatever your heart desires!
- Want to try something amazing? Take some good quality vanilla ice cream and roll it in the pancake, totally yummy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: breakfast/brunch
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: brunch, breakfast, eggs, butter, lemon zest, vanilla bean , ricotta, pancakes, flour, egg whites,
When I am not cooking, I enjoy playing musical instruments, singing, writing. I have learned over the years to live in gratitude and enjoy the moment.