This flourless chocolate cake is dark and decadent, moist and rich, perfect dessert with some whipping cream on top and fresh fruit of your choice.
- 6 medium eggs
- 250 gr caster sugar
- 90 gr potato starch
- 125 gr almond flour
- 250 gr dark chocolate
- 60 gr butter
- whipped cream for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Break the dark chocolate into equal, small pieces, then add the shaved butter and put in a small heat-proof bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave (I do not have one) or over a Bain Marie (Water Bath):
For the Bain Marie: Heat up a large pot of water (keep water hot but avoid any boiling to ensure the chocolate doesn’t overheat and that water does not get into the chocolate because this would ruin it). Put the heat-proof bowl with the chocolate and butter inside the bigger pot and keep stirring to help the melting.
- Separate the egg yolks from the white. Beat the whites stiff.
- Beat together the eggs, one at a time, with the sugar, potato starch and almond flour.
- When the melted chocolate has cooled down a bit, add it to the egg mixture and at the end gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour in a 20 cm pan (I used a heart shaped one) and cook in the oven on middle rack for about 40 minutes.
- Decorate with whipped cream and fruit of your choice.
- Category: Dessert, Cakes
- Method: Baking
Keywords: gluten free