- 2 8oz pieces halibut (or fish of your liking)
- 2 cups chopped lettuce (use any that you have)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/4 diced onion
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1/2 cup medium tomato salsa
- 1 cup grated asiago and parmigiano combined
- sour cream, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 medium size soft yellow corn tortillas
For the batter:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 – 3 tablespoons iced cold water
- salt and pepper
- In a sautee’ pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season 8 ounce piece of fish with salt and pepper and put in pan.
- Sear both sides, set aside and keep warm.
- Mix flour, water, salt and pepper and blend to a slightly runny consistency.
- Dip other 8 ounce piece of seasoned fish, place in sautee’ pan and slightly brown both sides and finish in the oven. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit.
- Dice up avocado, take half and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add mayo, onion, salsa, salt, pepper and mash this mixture to a coarse consistency. Set aside.
- Heat up pan and place tortillas one at a time, heat both sides then take out of pan and fold in half.
- Take tortilla and spread some avocado on the bottom.
- Cut up both the sautéed fish and the battered fish into bite size pieces.
- Place the sautéed fish and the battered fish pieces onto the guacamole.
- Top with chopped lettuce, diced tomato, and avocado.
- Finish with salsa and grated cheese and optional sour cream.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos per person