Recipe adapted from our beautiful and delicious Cherry, Almond, and Olive Oil Cake
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 orange (zest and juice)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 fresh figs, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of a stand in mixer, whisk the yogurt, olive oil, eggs, orange zest and juice until well blended.
- Add the sugar, flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Spray a 9" pan with olive oil or use a non-stick one. Press lightly the quartered figs decoratively into the batter, cut-side up.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a wood skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool on a rack.
- Serving Size: 10-12 servings