- 1 kg certified organic, free range grass fed chicken wings
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp e.v.o.oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander, freshly crushed
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon grass
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp yellow curry paste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 green onion
Pressure cooker sauce:
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- chink of ginger washed and dried
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 basil leaves
Mango Asian Pear salad:
- 1 large mango
- 1 Asian pear
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3–4 oil packed sun dried tomatoes drained
- 3 frsh basil leaves chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 4 Tbsp Pomegranate arils
Dressing for salad:
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp apricot/raspberry jam
- 2 tsp mayo
- 1/2 tsp chinkiang vinegar
- 1 tsp fig balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
Garnishing for salad:
- 16 leaves of fresh organic salad greens
- Wash and dry wings, and place in a large glass deep oven dish.
- In a bowl combine,garlic, olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, coriander, black pepper, white pepper, onion powder, parsley, basil, lemon grass, fig balsamic, chili flakes, garam masala, yellow curry paste,lemon juice, lemon zest and green onion.
- Whisk well and pour over chicken wings.
- Toss the wings well making sure wings are well coated with the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight.
- Take wings out of the fridge and place marinade and wings into pressure cooker.
- Toss in vegetable stock, bay leaves, ginger, sesame oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, basil. into pressure cooker, lock lid and place on stove, med to high heat. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While wings are cooking in pressure cooker, wash and cut core out of mango.
- Peel and dice mango into bite size pieces, and place in a salad bowl.
- Wash pear and core.
- Peel and dice and place in bowl with mango.
- Toss in green onion, bean sprouts, and pomegranate arils.
- Sprinkle in basil and parsley.
- Cut sun dried tomatoes into slivers and place in bowl with mango and pear.
- In a bowl blend peanut oil, sesame oil, mustard, jam, mayo, chinkiang and fig balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until well blended, and set aside.
- Take wings out of pressure cooker after all the steam has been released.
- Place them in a barbecue basket. Close lid so that it holds the wings tight.
- Take juices from the pressure cooker and screen them into a medium sauce pan.
- Preheat barbecue to 400° F.
- Place wings on grill and cook for about 5 minutes a side or until wings get a bit of char and crispiness.
- While wings are grilling place saucepan with juices on the side burner on medium to high heat, and let reduce for about 10 minutes.
- Turn burners to low on one side of the barbecue, and place wings on this side.
- With a brush, baste wings making sure to coat the wings evenly with the pressure cooker sauce.
- Turn wings and do the same on the other side.
- Do this for about 15 minutes then take wings off grill and let rest for about 1 minute.
- Take lettuce greens and place on the bottom of a dish.
- Pour some dressing into mango pear salad and toss, taste to see if it is enough, if need be, add some more and toss.
- Place mango pear salad onto lettuce greens.
- Take wings out of basket and place some on the side of the salad.
- Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley and basil.
- Ready to serve.
Remember the wings need to mariate overnight.
If you don’t have a basket you can place wings directly on grill, but place them touching one another at first.
- Serving Size: 4 servings