For the biscuits:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 90 g chilled unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 35 g all vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
For the scrambled eggs:
- 5 organic free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of half and half cream
- dash of sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper
- pinch of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup of crumbled goat feta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- For the biscuits: Preheat oven to 400 °F and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Using your fingertips or a pastry blender, work butter into dry ingredients until the mixture resembles a coarse meal,
- Add greek yogurt and stir until clumps form. Knead mixture briefly until it just holds together.
- Transfer dough to a floured counter and pat out until 1/2-inch thick.
- Using a round cutter (mine was 2.5 inches), press straight down and transfer rounds to prepared sheet, spacing two inches apart.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown on top, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then serve warm, with butter on top and as a side to your eggs.
- For the scrambled eggs: In a bowl crack eggs. Add half and half cream, salt, pepper, onion powder.
- Whisk till well blended, add dill and whisk some more.
- Heat up a sautée pan to medium heat, add olive oil and butter.
- Pour in egg mixture.
- With a baking spatula turn eggs as if folding eggs into a delicate cake batter.
- Take pan off heat if getting too hot as you don’t want to brown the eggs.
- Add feta and continue the process of orchestrating the pan on and off heat, till eggs are cooked to a soft and creamy texture, and feta is melted.
- Dust with a bit of dill and serve with biscuits.
You may have biscuits left over, you can freeze them wrapped well in plastic wrap and bagged. When you want them again take out of freezer and put on a baking sheet and in the oven immediately at 350 F for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 4 servings