- 3/4 cup carrots diced
- 3/4 cup celery chopped fine
- 3/4 cup onions chopped fine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups dried white navy beans, soaked in water over night
- 1/2 cup farro
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups of lukewarm water
- 2 cups of day old bread, cubed
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs of your choice (oregano, rosemary, thyme, basil)
- salt and pepper
- In a large heavy soup pot on med to high heat, heat up olive oil.
- Toss in carrots, celery, and onions, and saute till onions become soft.
- Drain the white beans and throw into pot.
- Also drop in the farro, stir and season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour in water, lower heat, stir, cover and let simmer for about 1 hour or till beans and farro are to your textured liking.
- While soup is cooking, place bread cubes in a bowl and drizzle olive oil and toss.
- Sprinkle in mixed herbs and salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in a pre heated 375° F oven.
- Cook till nice and golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Ladel soup into a bowl, and top with some of the croutons.
- Ready to serve!
Remember in the prep time the time allowed for soaking of the beans is not included. This would be done overnight,
- Serving Size: 4 servings