Family Style Loin Roast Dinner. A total dinner in one plate hosting a side pasta, a succulent tender main, and a wonderful garnish that will awaken your taste buds to no end.
Firstly, succulent pressure cooked loin roast that is slow cooked after being steamed with many herbs and spices.
Secondly, this amazing pasta “orzo” blended with sauteed peppers, onion, and garlic.
Thirdly, a bright sunny pineapple salsa that has too many surprises to mention. Lastly, a wonderful sauce made with all those juices and flavors coming out of the pressure cooker.
Now, that’s a buffet all in one plate!
Loin Roast (braising liquid):
- 780 g Pork loin Roast fat and skin on
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 3 Tbsp Korean BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 pineapple sliced rounds 1/4 inch thick cut in half
- 4 lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- Dash celery seed, fresh ground coriander and Himalayan coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon grass
- 1 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and white pepper
- 1/4 yellow onion chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 3/4 red pepper and yellow pepper diced
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp yellow curry, onion powder, and paprika
- 2 1/4 inch thick rounds fresh pineapple rounds diced
- 1/4 red pepper, yellow pepper diced
- 2 green onions sliced thin rounds
- 3 leaves fresh basil chopped
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- dash of salt and white pepper
- Splash of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp corn oil
- Good pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce, mirin, and ponzu citrus dressing
Pickled Red Onion:
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Green onion and fresh basil chopped
- Place loin in pressure cooker and add all the ingredients for braising as listed above. Close lid and make sure it is locked. Cook for 30 minutes on medium heat when steam starts to release.
- Take loin out of pressure cooker and into a roasting dish.
- Take the bay and lime leaves out of braising liquid and pour into a blender. Blend till nice and creamy.
- Pour some braising cream over loin and place loin into a 270 degree F oven. Cook for about 1 1/2 hours. Reserve some liquid and put in a sauce pan to a low heat. When done, slice roast and pour sauce over the top a bit.
- While loin is in the oven, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Pour in orzo pasta and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until very al dente. Drain and place in a bowl.
- In a saute pan drizzle in olive oil. Toss in onion, zucchini, and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add seasoning of salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika and yellow curry. Stir and blend well. Toss in cooked orzo and stir again till well incorporated.
- Finish with green onion. Re-heat a bit before serving.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the salsa, mix well and just before serving mix in pickled red onion.
Pickled Red Onion:
- Place sliced onion in a bowl, mix liquids and sugar and pour over onions and place plastic wrap over the bowl and set aside.
- Place a few scoops of the orzo pasta on a plate, place a couple of slices of the pork loin, and place some of the pineapple salsa to one side.
- Garnish with green onion and basil.
- Ready to serve.
- For the orzo pasta use what you have or like.
- If you don’t have a pressure cooked, braise the loin in a large pot with a lid.
- You can finish the loin on the BBQ if you want too.