Fagioli in Umido, Pan-steamed Beans, Are you a bean lover? Then this dish is one for you to try, however be prepared for the incredible levels of flavor and texture. The aroma alone will en capture you into its simplistic natural essence and an end result of pure foodie fulfillment!
- 540 ml tin mixed bean medley
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Dash of fine sea salt
- Some fresh cracked black pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Splash of E.V.O. oil to finish
- Rinse beans and reserve some of the bean water (about 1/8 cup).
- In a medium saute pan or cast iron pan drizzle in olive oil, bring to a medium heat then toss in onions and 1/2 of the green onion. Saute for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in garlic and beans and stir, then season with salt, pepper, paprika and a sprinkle of some of the fresh chopped parsley. Taste and season more if needed.
- Pour in vegetable stock mixed with bean water, and let simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Place into a serving dish and finish with a splash of olive oil and fresh chopped green onion and parsley.
- Ready to serve!
- You can use whatever bean you like if you don’t want the medley.
- If you want a touch of heat then when sauteing the onions add some red chili flakes.
- Serve with a good crusty rustic bread.