- 2 salmon steaks
- evo oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 onion sliced into 1/8 inch rounds
- 1 heaping teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 4 lemon slices
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Rinse salmon steaks in cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season both sides with salt, pepper, dried oregano.
- In a medium baking dish big enough to fit both salmon steaks, drizzle in evo oil enough to coat bottom of pan. Place onion slices and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the salmon steaks on top of the onions and garlic. Drizzle with more evo oil, and sprinkle some chili flakes in and on top.
- Grab your lemon slices and place two on each salmon steak. Throw some of the fresh chopped parsley on top, then place the baking dish on the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reads 125°F-130°F. If you are using wild salmon the internal temp should be 120°F-125°F.
- Take out of oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- With a spatula, scoop up the salmon steaks and place on to a plate. With a spoon, grab some of the caramelized onion on the bottom of the pan and put on top of the salmon. You could sprinkle some more fresh parsley and squeeze the lemon on top.
- Ready to serve!
You can use salmon fillet if you don't want the bone in. Check for the time with a thermometer.
For the onion, either yellow or white will work, even shallot would work well.
Do not cover while baking, we want to get some nice color on the salmon.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main, Fish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: baked salmon, salmon steak, fish recipe, weeknight dinner, easy recipe, caramelized onion, oregano, garlic, evo oil,