Easy Cinnamon Apple Butter, a silky and luscious homemade apple jam, with just the slight hint of cinnamon, to spread on your morning toast, English muffin, or biscuit, that will help you start the day on a happy note.
Recipe adapted from Ontario Apple Growers
- 2 lbs (1 kg) apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) granulated sugar (I used 1/2 cup raw cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple cider
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I used 1/4 tsp)
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and place over medium-low heat.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until apples are very tender and have darkened (1 hour).
- Let cool, then puree using a blender (or an immersion blender).
- Transfer to a clean jar and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
The cinnamon apple butter keeps in the jar in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour