- 1/2 Bauli Colomba (with cream and chocolate, or the one of your choice)
- 6 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cardamom
- 2 Tbsp sweetened cocoa powder (comes with the Colomba)
- 6 fresh figs, quartered (or any other fruit you like)
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp peanut oil (or oil of your choice if there are allergies)
- 6 tsp organic Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Summerland Saskatoon syrup
- Cut Colomba into cubes approximately 3 cm in size.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Place Colomba cubes into the oven and toast for about 10-15 minutes or until golden and slightly toasted.
- Take out of oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until well mixed.
- Add in milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1 Tbsp cocoa, and cardamom, whisk till well incorporated.
- Place Colomba cubes into a baking dish, pour egg mixture throughout and on top of the Colomba cubes, reserving about 20 percent for after.
- Sprinkle remaining cocoa powder over egg and Colomba mixture and toss to coat cubes well with both the eggs and cocoa.
- In a large sauté pan, heat up oil and 1 tsp butter, to a medium to high heat.
- Toss in Colomba and egg mixture and sauté until crispy edges start to form, about 10-15 minutes.
- While that is sautéing, butter a 26 cm x 26 cm ( 10 inch square) baking dish, with remaining butter.
- Take Colomba from sauté pan and place in baking dish placing it evenly throughout the dish.
- Make sure to not flatten and press the cubes to much, this will make it to dense.
- Pour the remaining egg mixture throughout the dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes, check at around 35 minutes.
- Take a wood skewer, pierce the center and see if there is any uncooked egg mixture, if not, it is ready to take out of oven.
- Cut portions with a sharp knife and serve onto a plate with a dollop of Greek yogurt, and a drizzling of the Summerland Saskatoon syrup.
- Ready to serve.
If you don't fing figs or the saskatoon syrup, use what you have or can get. I am sure it will be delicious all the same. Also experiment with all the other types of colomba, be creative and have fun!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Serving Size: 6 servings