Double Chocolate Pear Cake, simple ingredients that work so well together, creating a moist, pillowy cake, with luxurious cocoa and chocolate flavor adding in, the freshness of the pear. A slice is perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert.
Recipe adapted from Plumcake Pere e Cioccolato
- 2 medium eggs, organic, free range
- 120 g sugar (we used organic coconut palm sugar)
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 130 ml milk (we used organic coconut milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 220 g unbleached, all purpose flour
- 40 g unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp (9 g) baking powder
- 2 pears (we used Conference pears)
- 1/4 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- slivered unbleached almonds
- icing sugar (optional) for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs and sugar and beat at medium speed until frothy and lighter in color.
- Melt the butter in a microwave or bain-.marie and let it cool.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and melted butter, beating on slow to incorporate them to the egg mixture.
- Add the sifted flour, cocoa, and baking powder, and mix until well incorporated.
- Peel the pears, then cube one and slice the other.
- Remove from the stand and with a spatula fold in the cubed pear and mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan (or any other pan you like) and spread the top evenly with the spatula.
- Garnish the top with the sliced pear and slivered almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the sides and center comes out clean.
- Let cool on a rack before taking out of the pan.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar and slice.
- Serving Size: 8-10 servings