Really watch the heat when doing the hollandaise. If its too hot the eggs will scramble. If it starts to separate add a small icecube to cool the sauce.
- 2 medium organic free range eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 100 g melted butter
- 1 tsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- pinch of sugar
- 1 portabello mushroom, sliced into thin slices
- 2 tbsp e.v.o oil
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 1/4 onion chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Splash of white wine
- 4 slices salt cured hickory smoked side bacon
- 4 organic free range eggs
- 2 ciabatta buns
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- In a saute pan drizzle olive oil in.
- Toss in garlic and onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Take sliced mushrooms and place in pan.
- Saute for10 minutes.
- Sprinkle in dried thyme, rosemary, fresh parsley.
- Pour in white wine and cook till all the wine has dissipated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- While mushrooms are cooking, place the slices of side bacon on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in a 350 degree F oven.
- Bake till nice and crispy about 12 minutes.
- Take out of oven and place on a paper towel.
- Set aside.
Water bath for poached eggs:
- Take a large deep saute pan and fill with warm water.
- Pour in white balsamic vinegar.
- Bring to a slow simmer.
- Take two bowls.
- Separate the whites from the yolks .
- Place yolks in a glass bowl.
- On the stove top fill a medium pot 1/4 full with water and bring to a simmer, low to medium heat.
- Pour lemon juice and dry mustard into glass bowl with yolks.
- Stir slowly and slowly add melted butter spoonful at a time.
- Continually stir till all the butter is in.
- When the hollandaise starts to thicken add in fresh dill, and a dash of the fresh parsley.
- While hollandaise is cooking, place eggs in water and vinegar bath.
- Poach for 5-7 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon spoon out eggs carefully and place on a warm dish.
- Take 4 bottom ciabatta buns and place in 350 f oven and toast till golden brown.
- Take out of oven and butter.
- Warm up bacon and mushrooms.
- Place bacon on 2 ciabatta, and mushrooms on the other 2.
- Carefully place poached eggs on top.
- Pour warm hollandaise on top.
- Dust with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Ready to serve.