- 2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 and 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter unsalted
- 2 large organic free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- dash of salt
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a sifter add flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Melt butter and let cool a bit.
- In another bowl add eggs, milk, vanilla, melted butter and blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients a little at a time into the dry until mixed well.
- Open waffle iron, place batter into the iron just to cover bottom plate.
- Close iron, turn over and cook for 2 minutes (I usually set the iron to about a 5 to heat up then turn it to a 3 and 1/2 – 4 using the first waffle to gauge cooking time and heat).
- Take waffle out of iron.
- Place a spoonful of vanilla ice-cream in the center.
- Put a dollop of raspberry jam or one of your liking.
- Finish with a lite drizzle of organic real maple syrup.
- Serve with a ramekin of fresh fruit salad.
Cook time is for 1 waffle.