- 130 g all-purpose flour
- 20 g amaranth flour
- 100 g butter, cold, shaved
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 g icing sugar
- 50 g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp sprinkles
- few pieces of candied cherries
For the cookies:
- In a medium bowl shave the cold butter in the flour and mix. Add the icing sugar and mix again. Add the egg yolk and work the dough fast, with cold hands possibly, until you form a ball.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- While the dough is resting in the fridge, preheat the oven to 355° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After the resting time, take the dough out and roll it with a rolling pin to a 5 mm thickness.
- With a 3 to 5-cm cookie mold, cut the cookies and place them on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Do not overcook them. They will harden when they cool down.
For the topping:
- In a bain-marie melt the dark chocolate.
- With a teaspoon drop the chocolate on each cookie and finish with sprinkles, slivered almonds, candied cherries.
- Let the cookies cool so that the chocolate will harden.
If you do not want to use amaranth flour, just use all-purpose flour, for a total of 150 g.