- 1/2 cup cashews (we used curried chily cashwes)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups white or cremini mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped, minced
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp curry paste
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (or cilantro if you like it)
- 4 slices Brie cheese (or Gouda, or Raclette)
- 4 leaves lettuce
- pickled radish, optional
- few fried onion rings, optional
- 4 hamburger buns
- ketchup and mustard, optional
- If your cashews aren’t toasted like ours, toast them in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to food processor.
- In same skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring often, until no liquid remain, about 5 minutes. Add to food processor.
- Add lentils and curry paste to food processor; pulse to combine. Mix in bread crumbs and parsley (or cilantro).
- Shape into 4 1-inch thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; fry patties, turning once gently, until crispy, about 16 minutes.
- Top each with 1 slice of the cheese and the fried onions.
- Sandwich patties with lettuce, radish and sauces in buns.
- Serving Size: 4 servings