Crustless Curried Seafood Pie. Do you want to talk about flavor? Then let’s start here. Halibut, haddock, sole, and salmon in a rich yellow curry turmeric sauce and topped with a luscious beautifully piped potato parsnip puree! Is your mouth watering yet? Then let’s take a look at this amazing dish!
- 200 g Haddock cut into cubed
- 200 g Halibut cut into cubes
- 250 g sole (3 fillets cut in half and rolled)
- 10 shrimp, peeled, de-veined and tails off
- 1 cup of spinach and arugula greens washed and spun
- 8 medium yellow potatoes peeled and washed and cut up
- 3 parsnips peeled washed and cut up
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 x 230 ml can coconut cream
- Salt and white pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Small handful of fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot filled with water, put cut potatoes and parsnips in and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add a good pat of butter, salt, and mash then whip till smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium saute pan bring olive oil and ghee to a medium heat. Add in garlic, ginger, and onions, saute for 5 minutes and then add in spices (curry, coriander, turmeric, chili flake, coriander). Season with salt and white pepper. Stir.
- Next pour in coconut cream, stir well and turn heat to low. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour curry sauce into cast oven pot or dish.
- Place all the fish and shrimp into sauce, sprinkle in spinach and arugula greens.
- Pe-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place potato parsnip puree into a piping bag. Pipe puree on top of fish and greens in a spiral pattern until all the fish, greens and sauce are covered.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fine bread crumbs.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until top gets crispy and golden!
- Take out of the oven. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Ready to serve.
Jamie used curry leaves which I didn’t have so I used the curry powder.
He also used fresh red chilies, I used what I had, chili flakes.
If you don’t like parsnips, just use more potatoes.