Crostatine Morbide con Farro e Marmellata, Spelt flour Jam Tartlets, are refined sugar-free, dairy-free, made with spelt flour and homemade jams.
- 250 g organic spelt flour + more for kneading
- pinch salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- the zest of 1 organic orange
- 100 g honey (I used Miele Millefiori)
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, organic free-range
- 80 g vegetable oil (I used peanut oil)
- I made the shortcrust pastry the old way, by hand, in a bowl. I placed the flour, a pinch of salt, the baking powder in the bowl and stirred.
- Then I added the honey, orange zest, egg and egg yolk, vegetable oil, and stirred with a fork.
- I poured the soft pastry onto a wooden board dusted with spelt flour and kneaded it gently and quickly until I formed a ball. Add a little more flour if too soft.
- I put the shortcrust pastry in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes and in the meantime, I greased and floured the tartlet pans with a removable bottom.
- After the resting time in the fridge, I placed the pastry on the floured work surface and rolled it with a rolling pin, dusted with a little flour.
- With the help of a ravioli or pizza cutter, I cut the circles of pastry dough, bigger than the circumference of the tartlet pan. I added them to the pans, patching the dough as it breaks (it is soft and delicate). I pricked the bottom with the tins of a fork.
- Then, I filled the tartlets with a couple of teaspoons of jam.
- I re-rolled the leftover scraps of pastry, I cut out hearts and placed them on the jam tartlets.
- I preheated the oven to 350 °F (180°C) and in the meantime, put the tartlets back in the fridge until the oven reached the temperature.
- I finally baked the tartlets for about 20 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
- Took them out of the oven and left them in their pan to cool, then removed from the pans and enjoyed them!