Crostatine alla Nutella, Nutella Tartlets. A crumbly, light, and buttery pastry with a luscious Nutella filling. I am sure kids and grown-ups alike will fall in love with their delicate texture and delightful flavor.
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- a pinch of salt
- 125 g unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 90 g icing (powdered) sugar
- the zest of 1 small organic lemon
- 2 egg yolks
- a few drops of water if the dough is too dry
- Nutella for the filling
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the sifted flour, a pinch of salt, and the cubed cold butter. Pulse until crumbly.
- Add the sifted icing sugar and pulse.
- Then, add the lemon zest and the egg yolks.
- Pulse until it starts to come together. Add drops of water if too dry. Do not overwork the pastry dough.
- Place the dough onto a work surface, gently knead it together to form a ball, then flatten it into a disk.
- Wrap it in plastic and set it to rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- In the meantime, butter 6 round tartlet pans with a removable bottom. If using regular tartlet pans, place two strips of parchment paper in a crisscross pattern (this will help you take the tartlets out of the pan).
- After the resting time, let the dough come to room temperature (it will be easier to roll). Place it on a lightly floured surface, then with a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1/2 cm thickness.
- Using a round cutter, bigger than the circumference of the tartlet pan, cut out 6 round shapes.
- Use the leftover dough to make the lattice top.
- Place the round disks of dough into each tartlet pans, gently pressing down and on the sides. Place the pans on a tray and in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Warm-up the Nutella in the microwave or in a bain-marie until runny and smooth.
- After 10 minutes, take the tartlet pans out of the fridge, poke the bottoms with a fork, and spread a couple of tablespoons of Nutella on the bottom of each.
- To make the lattice top, use a corrugated pasta cutter or a simple pizza wheel. Cut strips of dough of about 1/2 inch and make the criss-cross pattern (diamond shape) on top of the Nutella.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Let the tarts cool on a rack before serving.
- Category: Italian desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian