Crostatine alla Nutella are crumbly, light, decadent Nutella tartlets that were my favorite snack as a kid. Now, a rich, creamy, dessert enjoyed also by grown-ups.
If I could stop time just for a day and go back in time to my childhood I would definitely choose a day that involved: a sunny day at the beach, “merenda” (snack) after a swim and crostatine with nutella. The impossible heat, the sticky sand on my feet, the taste of salt at the corner of my lips and on my shriveled hands as I am handed this little chocolate tart from my mother. With hair still dripping down my neck, and wind caressing my salty body, I bite into the tart, crumbs falling, chocolate melting in the sun, my mother smiling, what a pleasure it was, what a blessed moment.
If moments were crumbles, I would put them in my pockets to help me track my way back home if I get lost. If they were sea water drops I would be careful not to waste any drop. If they were smiles they would keep me warm on long winter nights.
If moments were chocolate chips I would store them in a box to savor them in my gloomy days. If they were grains of sand I would spread them in the wind like confetti. If they were rays of sun, I would keep my window open and bathe in them.
If moments were a food, they would be sweet and comforting like a chocolate tart. If they were roads, they would criss cross paths and bring people together.
Sometimes the simple things in life give you the greatest pleasure.
Enjoy this crostatine alla Nutella!Print
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 125 g butter, cold, shaved
- 1/2 lemon, the zest
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 180 g Nutella
- In an electric mixer put sifted flour, pinch of salt and shaved cold butter. Mix until crumbly.
- Pour the crumbly mix on a work surface or a bowl. Add the sifted icing sugar.
- Make a well in the middle and put lemon zest and egg yolks.
- With a fork mix it well and start incorporating the flour.
- Kneading the dough by hand, gently, and just until it forms a ball. Do not overwork the pastry dough. You don’t want the butter to warm up.
- Punch the dough down into a thick disk, wrap it in plastic and set it to rest in the fridge for at least half hour.
- After the time, roll the dough into a 1/2 cm thickness and with the molds cut the shape of the tarts out.
- Place parchment paper in two strips in a cross pattern (it will be easier to take the tarts out).
- Place cut dough into the mold, press center and sides and put them back in the fridge for 10 more minutes.
- Warm up Nutella in the microwave oven or in a bain-marie. It has to be runny and smooth.
- After the 10 minutes, take the tarts out of the fridge, poke the bottom with a fork and spread the Nutella up to the rim.
- With the excess dough, cut strings with a corrugated pasta cutter and make the criss cross pattern (diamond shape) on top of the nutella.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180°C (350°F) for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the tarts cool on a rack before serving.
Ricetta in italiano:Print
- 250 g Farina 00
- 125 g Burro freddo di frigo
- 1/2 Limone, la scorza
- 2 uova, i tuorli
- 100 g Zucchero a velo
- 1 pizzico di sale
- 180 g Nutella
- Iniziate preparando la pasta frolla: In un mixer ponete la farina setacciata, un pizzico di sale e il burro freddo di frigo tagliato a pezzi. Frullate tutto fino ad ottenere un composto sabbioso.
- Versate la sabbiatura su un piano di lavoro (o in una ciotola) e aggiungete lo zucchero a velo setacciato.
- Fate un buco nel centro e versateci la scorza di limone grattugiata e i 2 tuorli.
- Amalgamate il tutto prima con una forchetta, poi continuate a mano. Impastate giusto il tempo di formare un panetto, perché l’impasto per rimanere friabile non si deve scaldare.
- Appiattite il panetto, avvolgetelo nella pellicola e mettetelo in rigo per almeno 30 minuti.
- Passato il tempo necessario stendete la frolla, sul piano di lavoro leggermente infarinato, dello spessore di circa 1/2 cm e con lo stesso stampino delle crostatine ricavate la forma, mettetela nello stampino imburrato e infarinato (o come ho fatto io, con la carta da forno a croce, vi sarà facilissimo tirarle fuori).
- Fate aderire bene il fondo e i bordi, poi mettete di nuovo in frigo per 10 minuti.
- Dopodiché bucherellate il fondo delle crostatine, versate la Nutella che avrete fatto ammorbidire al microonde o a bagnomaria.
- Con i ritagli di pasta formate le classiche strisce che metterete diagonalmente sulla Nutella.
- Infornate in forno preriscaldato a 180° per circa 20-25 minuti.