Creamy Spinach with Feta! I hear this phrase all the time: "I don't have the time!" Well, this is a dish that can be done in less than 30 minutes. Easy, delicious, and a great accompaniment to any of those proteins you like. Truthfully, I would wrap this up in a pita and eat it like that for a healthy and delicious lunch!
- 1 bundle of fresh spinach (roughly 350 grams)
- 2 tablespoons evo oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of crumbled goat feta
- Get a pot of water on boil.
- Wash and trim the spinach and drain. Place spinach into the pot of boiling water and blanch for 5 minutes.
- Take out and let drain in a sieve. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in a medium sauté pan. Peel a clove of garlic and press gently to release the oils. Place in the pan. Grab a pinch of chili flakes and also sprinkle in the pan with oil and garlic.
- Turn the burner on and get to medium to high heat. When the garlic starts to sizzle, turn the heat down a bit and grab the spinach. Squeeze some of the excess water. Toss into the pan. However, I usually take the pan off the heat and let it cool a bit before putting the spinach in. This prevents the popping of the oil and moisture.
- Sauté for 5 minutes tossing frequently with a wooden spoon. Time to add in the feta. Crumble it in with your fingers. Give the mixture a good stir. When a creaminess starts to happen turn off the heat. Give it a quick taste and add some salt and black pepper to your taste preference.
- Ready to serve!
You can use whatever feta you wish. If you like a more subtle taste, use cow feta, if you like it in between then sheep feta.
If you want, you can sauté the spinach in the pan instead of boiling it first. However, if you want that creaminess, blanching is what I like to do first.
- Category: side dishes
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: spinach, feta cheese, evo oil, garlic, red chili flakes, side dish, creamy spinach, Mediterranean cuisine,