- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 250 g canned or frozen peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 400 ml vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1 slice of gluten-free bread (I used Kamut)
- 75 ml vegetable cream (I used soy cream)
- pinch dried basil
- Heat 1 Tbsp of butter in a pan over low medium heat and sautée the shallot and garlic.
- Add the grated ginger and the peas, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the vegetable broth (leave some), bring it to a boil then lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Chop the walnuts and mix with the dried cranberries. Set aside.
- Cut the bread in cubes. In another pan heat 1 Tbsp of butter and cook the bread turning it often in order to get it golden and crispy. Remove from the pan, let the cubes drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Purée the pea soup in a mixer with the vegetable cream, adding a bit more vegetable broth, if too dense, or putting it back on the stove for a little longer, if too runny.
- Place in a bowl. Sprinkle with walnuts and cranberries, swirl a little more cream and dust with the dried basil. Top with the crostini and enjoy!
Legumes provide good quality protein, minerals and vitamins, They are rich in energy-giving carbohydrates, with a low glycemic index rating for blood glucos control and are abundant in fibre.
- Serving Size: 2 servings