Cream of Kohlrabi and Potato Soup. Here's a soup that will take the chill out of those cool Fall nights and its richness is nothing but luxuriousness in a bowl. If you think soup takes a long time to make, think again!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp e.v.o. oil
- Pat of butter
- 2-3 thin slices of ginger
- A few bay leaves and lime leaves
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 medium kohlrabi peeled and diced
- 3 stalks of celery, leaves included, diced
- 6 small carrots cleaned and diced
- 3 Amarosa potatoes
- Pinch of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup of whipping cream
- Some chopped green onion
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- In a cast pot drizzle in olive oil and place in butter. Toss in garlic ginger, bay leaves, lime leaves, rosemary and thyme and on low to medium heat saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in green onion and keep sauteing til soft, about one minute.
- Toss in the rest of the diced vegetables and saute for 5 minutes stirring to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in all the broth and let simmer for 20 minutes. Check vegetables with a fork for tenderness.
- When fork-tender, pour in cream. Stir and take out bay and lime leaves.
- With a hand blender, blend till smooth. Take off heat.
- Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with chopped green onion and a sprig of rosemary.
- Ready to serve.
- If you do not have Amarosa potatoes use what you have, just avoid a bakers potato because they can be dry and coarse.
- If you don't have homemade vegetable stock use a powdered or cube form bouillon.
- Most of all, have fun cooking, put lots of joy into it and as a result it will be absolutely fabulous.
- Category: soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: garlic, soup, kohlrabi, celery, green onion, ginger, amarosa potatoes, carrots, comfort food, vegetable stock, bay leaf, lime leaf,