- 2 organic, free-range eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour (I used 1 and 3/4 all-purpose +1/4 coconut flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mini dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cup vegetable oil (I used cold pressed organic canola oil)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used cherry Greek yogurt)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp any sweetener you want
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pans with paper baking cups.
- In the bowl of a mixer stir eggs with sugar and oil, beat until creamy.
- Add vanilla, apple cider vinegar, baking soda, and salt. Mix in Greek yogurt then, slowly, stir in flour.
- Lastly add in chocolate chips and mix gently with a spatula.
- Fill muffin cups with about 2 tablespoons of muffin batter. Add about 1 heaping teaspoon of cream cheese to the center of each muffin, then top with another 1 tablespoon of batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. (It depends on the size of the muffins, the smaller they are less time they take).
- Cool 5 minutes in pan then remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days or freeze for up to one month.