- 6 yellow, orange and red sweet mini peppers
- 6 slices whole wheat baguette bread
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons organic cream cheese
- 3 basil Leaves, minced, plus some for decorrations
- Wash peppers, leaving them whole.
- Preheat the barbecue to 400° F.
- Cook the peppers on the bbq for about 10 minutes, turning them frequently.
- When they're done and have nice char marks on them, place them in a ziplock bag (or plastic wrap) and let them sit there for about 3 minutes. This helps release the skin from the flesh of the peppers.
- Once they're all skinned and have their seeds removed, julienne them and dress with extra virgin olive oil, garlic minced, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Slice the baguette bread. Spray or brush with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Place it on the barbecue and toast it for 1 minute a side.
- Turn off bbq.
- Spread cream cheese over sliced toasted bread.
- Arrange peppers on top. Decorate with some minced basil leaves.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 portions