Crab and Shrimp Boil, succulent juicy shrimp and crab meet sweet corn, lemon, and the most wonderful pink and yellow potatoes. To kick things up a notch, a few herbs and spices, just enough to take this classic beach dish to other levels!
- One large King Crab leg
- A dozen Shrimp peeled and cleaned
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic scapes and cloves of garlic
- 4 cobs of corn broken in half
- 3 yellow potatoes quartered
- 4 Amarosa fingerling potatoes peeled and cut into large pieces
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 lemons halved
- 3–4 bay leaves
- A sprig of fresh thyme
- Pinch red chili flakes
- 1 tsp onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbsp E.V.O. oil
- A large pat of butter
- Pinch of paprika, salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Sprinkling of fresh thyme
- In a large pot add in water and vegetable stock. Toss in one of the halved lemons.
- Season with bay leaves, fresh thyme, garlic scapes, garlic, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Throw in corn and potatoes and let boil partially covered on low to medium heat till potatoes are almost done about 20 minutes.
- Place crab and shrimp into pot and cover. Boil and steam for another 10-12 minutes.
- In a ramekin melt butter, add olive oil and herbs and seasoning and blend well.
- Take pot off heat and place well drained corn and potatoes on a platter. Mix in shrimp and drizzle with the garnishing sauce. Place the other halved lemon on the edge of the plate.
- Ready to serve.
- You can use whatever seafood you like, for example, lobster, the full crab, etc.
- Also, if you can’t find the Amarosa fingerling potatoes use what you have.